Have a no flow on my screen

Welcome to TFP!

What brand of SWG do you have?

Have you checked the skimmer basket, pump strainer basket, and cleaned/backwashed the filter? Water flowing isn't sufficient, it needs to have the same pressure it usually has.

ts an Aqua Rite. I'm.not sure about any other info. My husband always did this stuff and he passed away n I'm kinda at a loss on this pool stuff. I've back washed n the pressure is the same. There is water flowing. Skimmers n filter baskets all cleaned out. Its a large L shaped pool n I think 30000 gallons?

On the bottom of the Aquarite there should be a grey "phone cord" coming out of the box. It's possible someone stepped on that cord and pulled it out. The cord goes from the Aquarite box to a PVC fitting in your return line.

1) if grey phone cord is plugged in, inspect entire length of cord to see if there are any cuts/nicks in it. Landscaper may have hit it with a weedwacker.

2) if grey phone cored is NOT plugged in. Find cord on ground, (Hopefully the phone plug end with still be on it) and plug it in.

Does the no flow light eventually go out, leaving no LED lights lit? No "Power" "Generating" "Super Chlorinating" lights lit? Are there any # in the display? It's possible the black board thermistor may have failed. It can be replaced. Some pool companies will tell you it is necessary to replace the PCB board. Not the case.

The grey cord is ndamaged and plugged in
The no flow light is lit n nothing else. I've fought this pool all summer. I'm.note what I'm doing either. Our local.pool.place is ridiculously expensive so that's not going to be an option.
The pump and salt system is in a pool house so its out of the weather and natural elements

AquaDoctorLLC said:
On the bottom of the Aquarite there should be a grey "phone cord" coming out of the box. It's possible someone stepped on that cord and pulled it out. The cord goes from the Aquarite box to a PVC fitting in your return line.

1) if grey phone cord is plugged in, inspect entire length of cord to see if there are any cuts/nicks in it. Landscaper may have hit it with a weedwacker.

2) if grey phone cored is NOT plugged in. Find cord on ground, (Hopefully the phone plug end with still be on it) and plug it in.

Does the no flow light eventually go out, leaving no LED lights lit? No "Power" "Generating" "Super Chlorinating" lights lit? Are there any # in the display? It's possible the black board thermistor may have failed. It can be replaced. Some pool companies will tell you it is necessary to replace the PCB board. Not the case.

Just came on here with same problem as jodys. Just went out with flashlight and sure enough the 'grey phone' line is cut. THANK YOU again TFP!!! We have been maintaining CL levels with bleach for the past 1.5 weeks. I am thinking the well repair guys may have cut it or possibly our lawn crew although they are rarely ever around this area since it is inclosed with hedges and a little PVC gate. Regardless, TFP saves the day AGAIN!!!! :party:

Karen in Fort Worth :cheers:

jodys said:
Grey wire is plugged in. No flow and power only
Things lit up

Follow the grey cord to the 2" Tee it's screwed into. With a pair of pliers or crescent wrench, unscrew the black piece attached to the grey wire. Be careful because the cord connection is stationary & the wire will start to wrap around itself.

Once out. Check to see if the silver piece is still intact. If not, you'll need to purchase a new flow sensor. http://www.poolguysupply.com/FLOW-S...dium=organic&gclid=COeTm4XmvrECFQLpnAodAwMAGQ Just goggle & this guy has it for 55% off. $68, not a bad deal. if the silver flapper is still intact, you can try to soak it in a small cup of 1 part Muriatic Acid & 4 parts water. (ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS add the chemical, in this case Acid, to the water, never add the water to the chemical)

Once it's cleaned, rinse it off with tap water. Mark on top of the sensor somehow, a piece of tape, fingernail polish, etc. which part of the silver flapper is facing. There will be an arrow on the PVC fitting it screws into showing with way the flow goes. The silver flappper needs to be on the opposite side of the arrow point. Screw it back into the tee and recheck the cord and plug it back into the white box.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.