New pool - pump options WhisperFlo vs Superflo

gjpe

Jul 26, 2012
In the next month I will start the process of having a new viking Carmel pool(14x30) pool installed. I am really struggling with finding the difference between the 1.0hp WhisperFlo and the 1.0hp Superflo. I have read on here that the Whisperflo will produce more flow, but what does that mean? Is one more quitter then the other? Any help is much appreciated!

The Whisperflo will move more water in less time than the Superflo ... it is just larger and more powerful. Although you may not need the higher flow.
I imagine that they sound about the same.

What size plumbing are you going to have?
Are you going to have special water features?
Is your pad going to be set up for a 115V or 230V pump?
What type of cleaner are you going to use?

I would certainly recommend a 2-speed either way.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the super flow was limited to 1 1/2 inches. We will have two streams from the pool deck into the pool and probably 115v and will probably just use a robot cleaner.

The Superflo is not limited to 1.5" plumbing.

Although, now that you are saying it needs to be 115V and have some kind of water feature, I would be more inclined to recommend the 2-speed Whisperflo WFDS-3 or WFDS-24 (same pump just different playing with numbers) as the 2-speed 3/4HP Superflo is a little on the small side.

If you do not want the 2-speed, then there are likely Superflo pumps that would be fine ... the 2-speeds are just limited as to what comes in 115V.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.