Airsoft pellets and pool water.

Apr 11, 2011
Seattle
My (almost) seven year old is agitating for an airsoft gun (to use with daddy and eye protection). I know that if I let her use it at home the bbs are going to get into the pool (it is probably 40% of the area of my backyard).

Has anyone had any experience with the biodegradable bbs in pools? I know I don’t want thousands of little plastic balls in my backyard forever, but I have no idea what the biodegradable ones biodegrade into or how that would interact with my pool water.

Re: results from tf-100 kit: what to do next

Check your skimmer basket - if they won't fit through the holes - don't sweat it - make him empty it and reuse the one's caught by the skimmer.

I don't think that they would be big enough to fit through the basket in the skimmer. Much better than the steel BBs that would sit on the bottm and rust.

I saw a 9 year old boy as an emergency, whose father had shot him in the mouth with an air soft gun. The projectile fractured one of his lower front teeth in half. Had to do root canal therapy on a 9 year old. I know everything we do in life has risks, just try to mitigate this possibility as much as possible.

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.