DjPorkchop

Jul 26, 2012
Hello everyone. My name is Ray and I am from central Illinois.

I am a new pool owner. It is nothing serious. It is a small 12'x39" Intex. I got it for free for my kids so I figured I would give it a shot.

Upon further review, I learned that taking care of a pool was not as easy as I once thought it was. I also learned that it is not cheap either if I kept following all the bogus advice I was getting.

I stumbled across this website a few days ago when I was having issues with my pool and right away I knew this site was a great piece of work. I tried a few methods that I read for my issues and today I tested my water and it is crystal clear and looking great! Finally a place I can go and get good, solid advice! :-D

MikeInNH said:
GreatCanadian said:
And once you get your pool balanced, you will find that it is quite easy after all!
Yep, a couple minutes a day unless you add some automation. I check mine every few days, love the SWG.

BTW,welcome!!

I would love to add some automation lol but I am broker then a 3 legged dog right now. Oh well, the kids like this one just as much as a fancy one so it makes me happy. :lol: I do plan on buying a 18' pool next year. Lots of lessons learned this summer.

GreatCanadian said:
Hey. My girls swam in a pool identical to yours for 3 years prior to this!! Just as happy in that one as they are in the new one. And that's what it's all about isn't it?

That's right. The boys love it. I normally wait until later at night when they are done to get in and cool off since it is so small. We all enjoy it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support