Filter DP gauge has strange readings recently? ?

roadking00

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Has anyone ever seen their DP gauge go in the opposite direction for no obvious apparent reason? My clean PSI has been 16PSI as normal for months, nothing out of specs with chemistry, pressure from jets seem to be normal. All but the obvious gauge possibly being bad,its a new pretty high quality gauge since the beginning of the season
Its been running 12-14 lately...any ideas?

Bama Rambler said:
Didn't recently replace or remove an eyeball or adjust a valve did you?
Other then my normal operation of my 3way jandy valve to direct my output to my polaris cleaner that's about it? But I typically use that frequently, have they caused problems for people in the past? ?

If a larger eyeball was installed or one removed completely, it would lower the filter pressure.

Also if you normally had a valve set to 75% open and changed it one way or the other, say to 80% open, that would affect the filter pressure.

Thanks Dave, but I've been noticing this lower pressure on the gauge when the Jandy valve is back to normal discharge to the return jets only and my cleaner our of the picture? Has there ever been issues with the jandy valve not seating in a particular position either way? ?

Apparently my better half had left the skimmer basket out a few times for the day,and she actually admitted it :) and the pump strainer accumulated some stuff... usually the pump strainer is pretty darn clean and dummy me didn't even check it before posting this...oops, thanks all for your comments....Lesson learned for me, always remain teachable even with the smallest things :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.