First week with new pool

Jul 7, 2012
Caddo Mills, Tx
Filled the pool up last Friday night. Kids swam an hour or two sat evening and 7 hrs on Sunday. Everyone left Mon so I started adding chemicals. Added 96 oz Bleach, two containers of CYA (think it
Was HTH stabilzuer&conditioner 4lbs ea) in two socks , added 160lbs of salt. Let pump run 24 hrs.. TF100 arrived Tues. and added another 240 lbs of salt and another 192oz of bleach. Let pump run another 24hrs. Yesterday morning I turned on SWG for 8hrs and pump for 12 more hrs. My SWG is now running for 8hrs and pump for another 12. Water is blue. I have noticed dirt or sand settling in spots on bottom of pool, tends to gather at seams. This more I brushed and it disappeared into water. I'm thinking I need to vacuum. Below are my yes results for each day.
Mon before any chemicals using HTH 6wat kit
TA 80
pH 7.8
CH 70
Copper .2-.5
ClBr .5-1

Tues
TA 90
FC 1
Cc 1
TC 2
TA 90
pH 7.2
ClBr .5-1
Salt 1690

Wed.
ClBr 1-2
pH 7.2
Salt 3520
FC 3
CC .5
TC 3.5
TA 90
CH 130
Copper .5

This A.M.
ClBr 1-2
FC 2.5
CC .5
TC 3.0
TA 90
pH 7.2
Salt 3520

CYA still dissolving out of socks. Almost gone in one of them. Please tell me what you see and what I need to correct. Keep in mind this is my first rodeo with pool chemicals and testing. I
Following g the instructions but colors don't always look right to me. I have BORAX, BAKING SODA, and Muiratic Acid waiting to be used but I thought it best to get chlorine and CYA going right first.

The 4 lbs of stabilizer you put in should raise your cya level to? Using the pool calculator add enough bleach to raise your fc to the target per you cya and then let the swg try to keep it there but you will have to adjust the run time on your swg until you find your pools sweet spot. So if the cya you put into the pool is suppose to be 30 ppm then assume it is that and use the chlorine/cya chart to get you min and target fc and dose it to the target range

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.