Dallas TX - Prep Work & Cutting Corners on your bid

pktman

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2012
New pool prospect here - I see in my bid that the PB is proposing $3100 for Pool Prep Work. This includes:

- 3 pallets of Sod
- Sprinkler system reroute
- Sprinkler repair - front & sides.

How much would it cost me to do all of this myself? Seems awefully high to me?

Thanks in Advance!

It wouldn't cost you anywhere near that much to do yourself, but it is likely to be a great deal of work and requires a special tool/machine to bury the new sprinkler lines (unless you want to dig lots of trenches).

I did the sprinkler work myself. It cost a fraction (less than $400 )of what it would have cost with the pool builder. Would I do it myself again? NO WAY! I tend to like doing manual labor but digging an filling in trenches is not fun. I ran in to a few problems that took some time for me to figure out and fix. I still need to redo a few areas to get the coverage that I need. Let someone who knows what they're doing do it and it will be done in one day.

Thanks - I would get someone else to do all the work. Am I correct to assume it would cost me in the ball park of $1000?

$450 for the sod
$650 for the Sprinkler work

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.