Caretaker99

Well, I received the new PCB board (the last one was defective) and replaced it...still nothing!!! The system just continues to spin, never stopping at a station, and the transition indicator just stays lit to remind me that the Dang thing isn't working. I have tried everything now!!! New sensors, new motor, new wiring, new PCB board....any other suggestions/thoughts??? I am in CT and no one out here works on these things...

The lid is not broken and you are putting it back on when testing it correct? The troubleshooting guide says it could be the burial cable. I am not sure how to check the integrity of that cable but my guide has a photo of the person taking the motor over to the main board and plugging it in and trying it at that location which would bypass the burial completely. If it works right then that would be the problem I suppose.

I ran a wire direct above ground in it's place to check and the wiring is just fine....still just spins and spins. And yes, the lid is in perfect shape and I do put it back on since the sensor is light sensitive. I honestly don't know what else there is to possibly check?

I am clueless but since nobody else is chiming in I'm doing my best. Remember, I don't have a working unit as of yet either. Run a jumper wire for the pressure gauge and also verify that both of the new boards are in fact UF1 boards. I can see the new board is UF1 but that is the one that is fried. Did you ever find out why it burned up? Take photo's of the inside of the controller and the PCB and the motor units and post them.

If it is still spinning then it has to come down to the sensor. Make sure that the cut out tag is infact passing between the sensor and cutting off the light. Sometimes the grub screw in the collar around the shaft allows too much movement of the aluminium plate and as it spins around and doesn't cut the light between the sensor, it is a fine adjustment that has to be made.

I'm having the same issue. caretaker 99 system. Motor keeps spinning, light stays on. Even in the pause position motor keeps spinning. Will be checking system per previous post, hoping it just the sensor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any chance you can link the part numbers?
I have the same system as Tom, the switch indicator light keeps non stop blinking and the motor keeps trying to turn. Its stuck on one set of cleaners and never changes unless its powered down and restarted.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but us caretaker99/Ultraflex II customers must stand together.

Alex, did you end up getting this fixed? Your problem sounds as simple as just replacing the gray or black sensor, whichever you have. If you have not gotten this fixed yet, please reply back and we can be sure to help you.

Also, on a side note. Hope you are doing well out there in Vegas Tom. Thanks again for all your help in the past. I learned more about my pool system from you and this site than any local pool service tech would by looking at it.

I posted in another thread below about my caretaker 99 system. my popups only come up one at a time in each station (3 to a station) and only stay up for about 2 to 3 sec. when I put it on the pause setting , all three popups on whatever station its at remain up together for the duration of the pause. Return pressure is normal.

I have replaced the pressure switch and the motor sensor plate (original ultraflex) but that didn't fix the behavior. I decided to bite the bullet and get a whole new control box since, with my luck, if I only replace one board it probably wouldn't be to long that another piece went bad.

I was sent an Ultraflex II control box instead of the original one but the guts all look the same so my question is , before going through the install, can the ultraflex II control box replace the original one without concern?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but us caretaker99/Ultraflex II customers must stand together.

Alex, did you end up getting this fixed? Your problem sounds as simple as just replacing the gray or black sensor, whichever you have. If you have not gotten this fixed yet, please reply back and we can be sure to help you.

Also, on a side note. Hope you are doing well out there in Vegas Tom. Thanks again for all your help in the past. I learned more about my pool system from you and this site than any local pool service tech would by looking at it.

sorry its€™ been years...
Ongoing issues...

I honestly just got around to trying to fix it.
In the meantime it got worse. Looks like it’s got no power at all and it started leaking in the housing.
So I went and ordered a new motor assembly with sensor kit, new pressure gauge, new seal kit, and a new controller replacement kit is on the way.
Replacing the seals did fix the leak. Yay one problem fixed!

The new motor assembly is a little different from my old one. It has a black sensor instead of grey and the metal
plate on the bottom is larger.
When I replaced for the new motor assembly it did not line up the same, and when I twist it so the arrow lines up; my system goes out of whack. Water starts spewing from places it shouldn’€™t. Like the waterfall instead of the spa overflow. And for some reason the water from the spa drains out into the pool.
The spa is almost completely drained and the pool level rises until I turn in my main pump and it fills it back up.

I havent gotten the the pressure gauge yet.

Unit looks like its still not powering up. No light on the control box at all. No motor movement, nada. I haven’t tested anything for power yet.
This thing is so frustrating. But when it works right it€™s amazing

I went ahead and bypass jumped the pressure gauge. It turned on and cycled through zones what looked like normally. It went every 45 seconds like it should based on the setting.

Of course it will never shut off until I replace the gauge. But so far so good.

The new motor seems to have adjusted itself when powered on. It’s all lined up and seems to be ok.
I just don’t see the pop ups swirling. They pop up and cycle fine, but they don’t swirl. Im not sure if they should or not since this has never worked properly since I’ve gotten the house with pool.
So far it works better then I’ve ever seen in over 4 years.

So now I’m just trying to figure out what exactly the sensor does and how it should be set.
My system is now rotating and seems to be working fine.
I did replace the pressure gauge. And it turns on and spins and all zones do pop up one at a time every 45 seconds or so.
Just not sure if it’s set properly.
I’m not seeing the pop ups swirl. It also looks like it’s going down too quick after it pops up.
A couple are stuck in the up position but I guess I just need to unscrew them and clean them up and then reinstall it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.