My Polaris 380's Issues

Jul 25, 2012
Basking Ridge, NJ
Hi all,

This is my first posting here on TFP, so if I post like a newb please correct me.

This post is about my Polaris 380. Quite simply, the problem is the wheels aren't turning. It's only three years old and I can't seem to figure out what the solution is. Here's the steps I've taken (in chronological order) thus far:

- There was a significant amount of water coming from the pressure relief valve, purchased a new one and replaced it. That solved the issue with water coming from the valve.
- After further evaluation I noticed that only 2 of the 3 jets were working. I then took apart the whole unit to check out the water management system. I re-tightened the hose connected to the single jet which wasn't working. I then cleaned out all 3 jets with a paper clip. There was a lot of what seemed like white caulk\sealant\adhesive applied over most of hose to jet connections. It simply pulled right off and after reassembling the system, I re-applied a submersible silicone.
- Hooked every thing back up. The jets are now all working.

Still, no turning wheels.

If anyone could let me know where to go from here I'd really appreciate it. I'm determined to fix this thing myself at this point so I'm planning on ordering a rebuild kit and new water management system. Am I going in the right direction?

Thanks everyone,

- Patrick

Thank you, thank you, thank you and, again, THANK YOU!!! My 380 is now up and running wonderfully, I can't tell you how grateful I am for your posts. I look forward to being a member of the TFP Fourms and am anxious to learn and help other in the process. So, one more time, thank you.

PMellin said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you and, again, THANK YOU!!! My 380 is now up and running wonderfully, I can't tell you how grateful I am for your posts. I look forward to being a member of the TFP Fourms and am anxious to learn and help other in the process. So, one more time, thank you.

So what was the fix????

Share it so the next poor soul isn't confused also.
:goodjob:

Well the interesting part is that I changed more than one thing at once so I don't have a definitive answer but I believe it had to be one of two things. First, I adjusted the main drive axle because I thought it might have been rubbing the body on the side with the belts. If it wasn't that then I'm pretty sure it was the sweep hose adjustment. I tightened the screw a few turns to direct more flow to the turbine and that seemed to help significantly. Sorry for the not-so-exact answer, but its the best one I've got. Thanks again all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.