NO FLOW always on

Jul 24, 2012
Can someone help? I have a newly installed guinite pool with Aqua Pure Jandy 1400 salt generator. There has been 0 chlorine for few weeks and I have been adding it daily. The NO FLOW LIGHT is always on and most of time also cell reversing light. There are no error codes. Today pool company said the cell may be bad. I called handy to get info and they said possibly its a bad sensor. Do you this think this will fix it? I also had yellow mold but used algaecide and extra chlorine which got rid of it. Today I had phosphates at 25 and total hardness was low so pool co added whatever it needed
it. Does anyone know if the new sensor will be the cure?

No flow errors are either insufficient water flow, or a disconnected sensor, or a bad sensor. Start by checking the skimmer basket, pump strainer basket, and cleaning/backwashing the filter. If that doesn't do it, take a look at the sensor cable and make sure it is properly connected and not cut anywhere. If that doesn't turn up anything, the next thing to try would be replacing the sensor.

Thank you. I will check that tomorrow. I finally found put that there is a filter on the hose that pulls the Polaris around. Hope I get the hang of this. I was the only one in the neighborhood who opened the pool and had crystal clear water. Now its getting the best of me. The hardness level was down today and can't figure it out bc nothing has changed except some debris from the storm last week and a seagull hanging around.

Jandy is having a big problem with their sensors right now. I just had another one fail on me last week right before vacation time. This last sensor was their latest design and lasted for 2 months. My pool builder said they are replacing the sensors all the time right now. The only error I have seen on my system is "NO FLOW". Hopefully Jandy figures this out soon.

I had the same problem with my aqua pure. After finally talking to a Jandy tech that knew what she was talking about, she walked me through the problem. If you look inside your panel where the aqua pure sensor plugs into the circuit board, it actually should plug into a small circuit board (about 1"x2") and that small circuit board plugs into the large circuit board. I know it's kind of confusing but if you look at it you'll figure it out. Okay, the problem is on the small circuit board. You will see a small black square (about the size of a pencil eraser) on one corner of the small circuit board. There is a small part of this black square that you can unplug. Unplug it and leave it out. This is a jumper that is required for the aquapure to be compatible with older control panels. (this is what the tech told me). After I took that off, I cycled the power off and then on and after the aquapure went through the start-up, the no-flow light went off and it started working. It's been working great ever since. I hope this helps.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd share my experience -- after all, this thread came up near the top on my Google results, and I don't want anyone to needlessly buy a new sensor.

If you have a relatively new sensor (last few years), it contains a small "daughterboard" at the end of the wire (inside the control panel). That daughterboard has a "calibrate" button and that's what solved my problem. I powered up the system, waited 3-4 minutes for the "Wait" message to go away, and then held the calibrate button for 5-10 seconds until the "Flow" light tuned on. That's it! I closed the panel back up and my chlorine was generating again. So if everything else is A-OK (filter clean, sensor elements scrubbed, cell scale-free, etc.) it could be a simple reset of the sensor that's needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am having the same problem (no flow is constant) and tried to find what you were talking about but didn't see it on any of the boards. My pool is 4 years old. Any suggestions on how to find a jandy technician in my area or should I just try the pool store?

I suppose this is a good a time as any to stop lurking - there is a known production issue with a circuit board for this type of SWG. Have your installer call his Jandy rep and have a new one sent.

My SWG made it a little over a month before I experienced a similar problem. My guy also happens to be a close personal friend and said the Jandy rep knew instantly what the issue was and my new board is on the way.

itsnorm, THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting your response about recalibrating the "daughterboard" for the sensor when "NO FLOW" comes up (without any other error codes) for the AquaPure system. I had the same problem three months ago, and the pool techs could not figure it out. I found this thread at that time, but you had not posted your reply yet. The techs replaced the sensor, the computer interface board (green one), and made three trips over three weeks before finally replacing the daughterboard (white one), which worked. Then a week ago, the good ole "NO FLOW" came back up with no other error codes. While trying to find a part number for the daughter board, I looked on this thread again, and there was your advice. The pool tech had not said anything about a recalibration button on the daughter board. It is a little white button, a little smaller than the size of a pencil eraser, on the bottom right side of the white daughter board, which connects the sensor wire to the green computer interface board on the inside of the box. I followed your advice on how to do it, got the flow light, and it has worked ever since. You just saved me a lot of money and a lot of aggravation from dealing with pool techs who don't know what they are doing. THANK YOU AGAIN for taking the time to reply to this thread.

I just want to remind people that when your AquaPure system reads "NO FLOW", with or without additional error codes, your system IS NOT generating chlorine. It is not something you can ignore. And I have a question for anyone: I cannot find a part number for the daughter board in my manual--the layouts don't even show a daughter board. The part number the pool tech wrote down doesn't match anything on the Jandy website. Does anyone know what this part number is? I would suggest replacing the daughter board before replacing the sensor, if the sensor isn't that old.

Thanks again, itsnorm, for your good advice.

Found the answer to my question on this great site. The "daughter board" is a relatively new (2-3 years) addition to the AquaPure Tri Sensor kit to help fix certain error codes and the "No Flow" problems. It is actually called a "Tri Sensor Adapter Board" and has a part number of R0537600. The old manuals do not include this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update to the "NO FLOW" saga...I've had a suspicion about this for a while but am almost sure of it now. A couple of days ago the power went out for about 45 minutes (happens a lot in Florida) while the pump was running. When the system came back on, the Aqua Pure didn't come back on with the pump, so I had to shut down the pump and start it again, and the Aqua Pure came on, showing no problems. Ran fine the rest of the day. The next morning after the system came on, the Aqua Pure was on, but "NO FLOW" was continuously showing with no other error codes. I went out to the box and reset the calibrate button on the Tri Sensor Adaptor Board, the NO FLOW disappeared, and I've had no problems since. So I believe a power interuption while the system is on will cause the NO FLOW code to come up, maybe not until the next day, but apparently a power failure will mess with the calibration of the sensor. So it could be that it just needs to be recalibrated after a power failure and not replaced, as the pool techs would like you to believe. As I think back on it now, the "NO FLOW" code has come up several times after power failures have occurred. I would always try to recalibrate the sensor before assuming anything needs to be replaced, now that I know about it. ;)

there is a known production issue with a circuit board for this type of SWG. Have your installer call his Jandy rep and have a new one sent.

Which board are you referring to? The adapter board or the main control board inside the AquaPure? I just completed a self-install and cannot get rid of the "No Flow" error. I've tried holding the reset button on the adapter board (flow indicator LED (green) flashes constantly). Called Jandy and was told to clean off sensor with a Scotch Brite pad. No luck.

I guess I'll keep calling Jandy until I get this thing up and running. If all else fails I'll call the local installer and have them figure it out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron Jenson
Cypress, TX

Do you have the jumper properly configured? Do a search jandy aquapure jumper and you should fine plenty of info on this. You could also try running it without the daughter board and see what happens.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.