Test results - 2 questions

el_steak

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
In the last week, I worked on getting my pool ready to start up the SWG. Stocked up on the BBB goods and worked my way slowly to what seems like a good balance.

Here are my current test results:

FC: 3
CC: 0
PH: 7.4
TA: 80
CA: 120
CYA: 80
SALT: 3200

Except for the CA, those numbers are all in line with the SWG manufacturer and with the info I found in the stickies.

1- Should I do anything about the low CA level? the manufacturer recommends 200-400. I have a vinyl pool and I think I read somewhere on this site that the CA level was not an issue for vinyl pools.

2- I have quite a lot of cal-hypo (HTH) left from my pre-TFP days. I know tri-chlor and di-chlor will raise the CYA level and lower the PH. I don't think cal-hypo raises the CYA level, but does it have other adverse effects? (Since its already paid for, I'd rather use it all up before I start running the SWG)

The cal hypo wont affect CYA but it will raise the calcium. You ar right that calcium is not needed in a vinyl pool and your level right now is fine but raising it a bit by using the fcal hypo won't hurt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.