In high school, I did a home perm on my wedge hair (1985 - some of you might remember lopsided hair) and it turned green. I was very pleased with the result, and my mom couldn't do a thing about it! She would have cut all my hair off if I'd dyed it green but this way I got to keep it. hehe (mom did the perm)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only really good music came from the 80's. Mainstream clothing was the worst (polka dots and wide belts???) but alternative dress however was the most unique ever (the vintage clothing stores made a killing off of us buying their old lady hats with veils). The grunge that came with the 90's was simply a dirty manifestation of 1985 father closet diggers, not unique in any way lol.

Everyone wore Levi's 501's, even the girls, computers were only good for word processing and databases, and gas was $1.35/gallon, so if your friends coughed up two bucks each you made a profit giving rides even in cars built in 1972.

Gah... miss it! (sorry for turning the thread but I'm feeling nostalgic... and old!)

Nah... I'm too cheap to pay $9/person for a film. I'd rather have two Dutch Brother's coffees, or a couple of nice microbrews, and wait till it comes out on DVD.

Never was much of a butt rock fan. If Axel Rose never squaked a single squeezed squauk I'd be a much happier person.

frogabog said:
The only really good music came from the 80's. Mainstream clothing was the worst (polka dots and wide belts???) but alternative dress however was the most unique ever (the vintage clothing stores made a killing off of us buying their old lady hats with veils). The grunge that came with the 90's was simply a dirty manifestation of 1985 father closet diggers, not unique in any way lol.

Everyone wore Levi's 501's, even the girls, computers were only good for word processing and databases, and gas was $1.35/gallon, so if your friends coughed up two bucks each you made a profit giving rides even in cars built in 1972.

Gah... miss it! (sorry for turning the thread but I'm feeling nostalgic... and old!)
I love most 80's music, kinda miss big hair....lol. Still wear Levi's and I liked them on the girls. Today's jeans look funny to me, just cut strangely. Pandora is great for 80's music. My teens even like most of the music.

My kids will defy me in every way they can, such as refuse to read great books I liked and insist the bus won't go where I say it goes... but they can't deny that the music was incredible. Especially as compared to some of today's music.

I win, and they now tell their friends how cool their mom is. That is partly due to the fact that I simply can't candy coat sex and drug discussions and tell them the TRUTH! :~}

My mom listened to Engelbert Humperdink, Donny & Marie, and the like... little or no coolness there!

Lol re 80s. My son is a music tech/comp major at umich. As a side techno project, he wrote a song called "The 80s Called, They Want Their Beats Back" -- it was hilarious, and sounded every bit the synth/machine drum drama of the era ;)

Haven't seen rock of ages on the screen, but saw the off-broadway version of it ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.