Foam Cove, What order

Jul 3, 2012
I am sure this has been discussed before however I had a hard time locating it. I have peel and stick foam cove, Do I install 2" of sand first then foam cove, or foam cove first? I don't have the foam cove in my possession yet so I am not clear on the order. Thanks Foamer

I just went and read all of Gladon's cove instructions and they all say to have the pool floor finished and compacted before installing the cove. I read that as having the sand in place before setting the cove.

The best thing to do is read the particular mfg's instructions for the cove you get.

This info can be very hard to find, I had a hard time anyways, never really did find it from my manufacturer.

My cove was notched at the base to account for the bottom rail, my logic was: if I put sand first than what is the point of the notch? It's just empty air because the pool base will be even with that bottom rail.
I wanted the notch to be reinforced by the rail, so I put the cove down and then the sand - being careful where the 2 meet.
If there is no notch in the cove I'd put on top of sand.

I'm not saying what's right from wrong, but 2 summers in and my cove is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.