Compupool CPSC 48 Died 15 months. FIXED 8/14

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
My CPSC 48 is 15 months old. This morning did my test (all good) and turned on my my pump and the CPSC 48 didn't fire up. Reset the CB on the bottom, all lights came on then released button and all went out.
Called customer service, got Tim on the line. He stated he believes the LCD module is bad. Will send e-mail me paperwork to swap it out.

Added a gallon of bleach.

We'll keep you posted.

Re: Compupool CPSC 48 Died 15 months.

I never called about mine. I turned down the % and I quit having problems. I think mine needs to be recalibrated and I ended up with 5800 PPM salt. So, my theory is that when it was turned up to 90%, it was overheating. It was getting unbelievably hot on the back of the unit. At 70% it's not shutting off anymore. I'm watching for my salt level to go down due to splash out and backflushing, then going to call them and recalibrate. THEN I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if it ever shuts itself off again.

I've heard those problems regarding the LCD panels, but I didn't feel that was my problem.

When the LCD panel goes bad, does that cause the unit to quit running?

Got the paperwork, sent it back. Awaiting the part.
Robbie I run at 80% and haven't had a problem. Are you on 115V or 230V? I'm at 115V and know what you mean about kicking off. (TMPSTLTEST (Temp Salt Test) I think is what it runs to cool down). It happens sometimes at 100%)

Just an update:
Spoke with Tim this AM, there sending me a whole control panel set up for 115V. It's on back order, but may be sent by the 10th. It will come FedEX and I should get tracking info from FedEX once it ships.

Mine had been running fine on 80% for weeks. Of course I have a big party and it turns off on me. I need to call. It does come back on, and I still think it's a heat issue.

8/10 update. Still on back order, they are sending out a new control box but are awaiting arrival of cable that goes to the cell. Should be in on Tuesday, then replacement will be shipped out on Wednesday. NUTS.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Part came in today. A new control box, 30 minutes later and it's working fine. I'm happy. Took about 3 weeks from reporting till it got fixed with replacement part. Got the return shipping label with the delivery. They've fixed the problem. I'm satisfied.

Iciee: I like the unit overall. It produces chlorine. No lugging jugs and makes the daily maintenance much easier. I'm not sure about the bells and whistles. It looks like they've changed the software that states "SALT OK" instead of giving a number. I don't have a problem with that. As long as it produces chlorine. I'd recommend the unit. Even with the glitches I've experienced. Customer support has been fine.

I also have the Compupool cpsc Series. I called them and they said my LCD board could be bad. Reason- I have the signal indicator % bar like a cell phone signal staying in the same bar level on display; even if I turn up to 100%. The low and or high salt indicators are not coming on and I know I had low salt two weeks back. Otherwise, it powers on and off and goes through the cycle. I have just noticed no chlorine in the pool test at the normal 30% rate and have bumped way up. I really do not know if the board is bad or not. I do know that the cell will make Chlorine at higher %; if I really know what that is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.