Flow Indicator/Meter materials

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
As I am searching for a flow indicator/meter, I have come across a few meters which use 316 stainless steel ball bobbin. How does 316 stainless steel react to pool chemicals?

Anyone have names for manufacturer whom make flow meters/indicators which will work with the pool chemicals and can be sited outdoors?

For almost 8 months, I worked on a chlorine device for pools (that I could never get to work well enough to market). In so doing, I tried to work with 316 stainless and 316 teflon coated stainless.

Chlorine will VERY rapidly corrode those items @ 10% strength.

How well it would hold up at 3ppm is certainly a whole different animal but I would think that might work pretty well given the performance of ladders, etc. found in everyday pools.

Have you tested any which are made out of PVC, PE and other plastics?

Blue-White seems to have a number of flow meters. I know many semiconductor companies but they are high price and for an ultra pure environment. Some have lower cost PVC (and other plastics) with 316L stainless steel ball bobbin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.