Aquatrol above ground diagnostic question

Jul 23, 2012
We have had our salt water system for several years, never using the diagnostic function except to check salt levels. With our pool being warmer this year, we are having algae issues. Anyway, I want to look at the diagnostics but cannot figure out what each one is. Wondering if anyone can give me the order in which these numbers come up? The manual doesn't list them in order.

My numbers are (with my estimation of what it means)
3000 (salt)
81 (temp)
100p
AL-7
r1.40

I manually took the ph level - at 7.6

Any help would be awesome. I don't want to walk into the (sharks) pool store without doing my research.

25.4 is cell voltage (slightly high)
3.11 is cell current (noticeably low)
100p is output percentage setting
-2600 is the instant salt reading (not averaged, tends to wander)
AL-7 is the brand/model
r1.40 is the software revision number

The voltage and current numbers indicate that your cell either needs cleaning or is wearing out. The unit has gone to is maximum voltage and still can't reach the desired amps.

Do a visual inspection of the cell plates. If they are covered with white crusty stuff, they need to be cleaned. Otherwise the cell is probably wearing out and needs to be replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.