Cloudy Water

Jul 23, 2012
Hi all! We are fairly new pool owners. :cheers: We currently have a 24'x52" AG that came with our house. This is the 2nd year that we have had it in operation. The boy next door (who is about 17 or so) said he used to swim in it when he was a kid, so I am going to say the pool is at LEAST 10 years old. I am thinking it holds 15,000 gallons. We have a 1.5 HP pump, and a 200 lb sand filter that filters at 76 GPM (we put new sand in the filter last year). All of last year and the beginning of this year, the water was PERFECT! Not until recently (4th of July weekend) did we start having problems. The water is sooo cloudy, and we are some what perfectionists,:whip: so we need to know what to do! We live in KY, and we have had a pretty dry summer with lots of sun and record breaking highs. I took a water sample to our local pool store and these are the results:

FC - 3 PPM
CC - 3 PPM
PH - 7.2
TA - 100 PPM
CH - 50 PPM
CYA - 40 PPM

According to the pool guy, out water looks fine and all we need is clarifyer. :blah: Except, we already went that route about a week ago. We added some Natural Chemistry, Pool First Aid Clarifyer (it has no ingredients listed) that is supposed to dissolve the particles without having to vaccum. And it did seem to work for a few days, but then this morning, back to cloudy. We are just about at our wits end. :hammer: Any ideas/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you and happy swimming! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.