When is the best time to run the pool pump?

kwhyde

Jul 9, 2012
South Carolina
I read somewhere on here about running the pool pump for about as many hours as gallons of water in my pool. The, try backing off some to find the most economical, yet beneficial length of time to run. Correct? I have ours running from early evening into early morning. Is there a best time? Also, my robot runs the entire time. Is that too much robot time for my plaster? We are still getting residual plaster in our bag when we are in balance and CH is 300.

Ideally you want to turn the pool over at least once, so that involves determining how many gallons per hour your system runs. Then you can decide on wether to run at night or during the day (costs versus pool temp desired).

There are pros / cons for running during the day vs. at night ... in the end it really does not make much difference. If your power at night is cheaper, that is a clear + for running at night.

The length of time required to run your pump is really just long enough so the pool stays clean to your liking. See the link bobodaclown posted.

I would think the robot run time should not affect the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.