Water is clear but the bottom is very dirty

Jul 23, 2012
Using the info from this website I managed to turn my green pool water into 1OO% clear and clean. I ended up with one problem. The bottom of the pool is very dirty. Very! There must be 1/2 inch of greed muddy slippery stuff. If I touch it, the water around turns green. So...Should I start and keep vacuuming it or should I brush the bottom, let the dirt be stirred in the water and keep filtering?

above ground, 33 ft round, 25,OOO gal
Ph 7.2
FC 2
TA 7O
CYA 3O but I added more recently, which did not dissolve yet, should get to 5O

Welcome to TFP!!!

Did you follow the shock procedure outline in the Pool School? I guess I am kind of surprised you could pass the OCLT with that much junk on the bottom.

IF you can, scoop everything off the bottom. Or, if you can vacuum to waste that would get it out of the pool and not clog up the filter.

I would recommend you get all the gunk out and then revisit the shock process to confirm there is nothing left in the pool.

I can see based on your reported levels, that your FC is right on the minimum for a CYA of 30ppm ... and too low if you have already added more stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.