New heater heating Spa , but not Pool

Jul 24, 2011
Howdy All , a month ago I installed a new Rheem/Raypak 399 BTU heater . After install everything worked great ! Now the heater fires just fine . But once fired up it only heats the spa , but when valves switched to pool no warm / hot water to Pool . The Pool is approx. 30k gallons , after install it would heat the pool 2 degrees an hour , but now nothing ! I'm lost how can this be ? So, again heater running just fine when valves on spa lots of hot water ! Then valves switched to pool , heater still fired and no hot water to pool . Thanks !

I'm going to replace the Uni-form governor. Looks just like an automotive thermostat . I'll bet it suffered when I was getting the flow high enough for the heater with the Eco-star VS pump . Had many high limit faults during that set up ! Thanks !

Ok, today I replaced the Raypak/ Rheem Unitherm Governor and it's fixed ! Pool now heats well ! Interestingly, the factory installed one, a month or two old , had the rubber gasket misshaped on installation .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.