Turning on spa....?

sredish

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
North of Dallas
Hey guys,

My pool and stuff has been up for almost a year now, but believe it or not, I've never used the spa; mainly due to the fact that my pool builder put in NG heater when it was supposed to be a LP heater. At the time of install, it was summer and no real need, then it got sort of forgotten about. Then a couple months ago, I wanted it going and had to order the conversion kit to find out it was a special order that took over a month to get. I anticipate having the gas on and heater going by this weekend.

Now to the question... what valves and stuff do I move to get it into 'spa' mode...? I have 1 heater, 1 single speed pump, a main drain in the spa, 2 skimmers and the pool drain.

For normal pool operation, the spa is spilling, spa drain is closed, the main pool drain is closed and it's simply cycling through the spa and pool returns back into the skimmers.

Keep in mind, I'm going to be hooking up the AquaLogic this week so I'm going to have to get the sequence automated. Now, my guess to get the spa going I'm assuming you would crank the heater, close off the pool returns by 90*ing over to spa return only (since they're normally both open, then open the main spa drain..... is this right?

Here's my plumbing layout.

Attachments

• PoolPumps2.jpg
    PoolPumps2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 62
ok, that's exactly what I figured....

thanks. so thats 2 automatic valves, I have 2 left. One would probably go on the waterfall and I don't really think I need a 4th, unless I want to put one on the one skimmer to automate for vacuuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.