Worst Nap EVER!

techguy

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2010
Antelope, CA
I spent the day with my daughter, her friend and my wife. We had a nice day, we went out to lunch, went to the California Museum, saw the Girl Scout display, and then drove home. The girls were excited to get home and play in the pool some more. I was excited for them to go outside and play in pool while I took a nice nap with all the noise outside...

...fast forward about an hour. My wife comes in to the bedroom and wakes me up with this statement "Honey, The dog pooped in the pool!". Not thrilled, I asked, What? The dog did what? What dd you do about it? Her reply..."nothing, its still there". Great... time to wake up ,throw on some trunks and go "poo-ba" diving. I found I had an old aquarium net and fished out the debris, checked my TC (3.5) and I have a CYA~30. Time bump it up to 7 and run the Aquabug to get the rest of the debris on the floor of the pool. I did an OCLT and all was fine with a 7.0 PPM and CC<0.5, water crystal clear.

This is the culprit...should I have her drawn and quartered?

IMG_5017.JPG

I'm no dog whisperer, but I am a dog owner and I've got a suggestion. Somebody's got to take the dog for a poop walk before she is allowed into the pool. Each time. It's got to be a "productive" walk and quickly after she makes, get her back to the pool so that she puts 2 & 2 together. "I walk, I poop, I can get in the pool. Yeah!"

Good luck!

I agree w/ CUTiger78 tho easier said than done. Your puppy is too cute to draw and quarter. ShihTsu? Obstinate lil buggers aren't they?! :lol:

Here's a pic of mine. Basking in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_0037-2 copy for TFP.jpg
    IMG_0037-2 copy for TFP.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 170
Tater, I will need to gent the real computer to see your pup but Lilli is a rescue pup that Santa brought. We think she's a Pugapoo but man think she has terrier but no real beard... Dunno, too cute to care

Lilli%2BChristmas-10.JPG

Lilli%2BChristmas-08.JPG

late edit to add photos

Ha ha as long as the poop is 'encased' within itself you dont have a problem and just scooping it out will suffice, poop is only a problem in pools when it is in liquid form, which allows the enclosed feacal matter to become water borne, which leads to concerns such as cryptosporidium etc,

Regards
Stuart

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.