The "whisper" is gone from my whisperflo.....

May 26, 2007
Hi,
Started my pool the other day and my pump now makes this weird noise. It sounds like it's coming from the back of my pump motor. Any ideas what it is? Here is a video of it but the distinct sound is hard to pick up but you can definitely tell it's louder than normal. It has a high pitch to it. JUst curious if this is something I can fix or if it needs serviceing. It's only 10 months old :-(

I was thinking about separating the motor from the pump body and turning it on to see if it makes the same noise. If it doesn't then I know it's the pump portion. I have a rebuild kit but don't want to try it out if it's something else.

Thanks,
Joe

video
if the video doesn't open in your browser, right click and save as.

The flow is fine, no troubles there. It does sound like a screaching sound you just can't hear it on the audio......

Attachments

• IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
We just dealt with that.
We're just starting the 4th season with our pool and we've been through two Hayward 1hp pumps already. We had the newer model, we called it the knuckle buster cause we always scraped our knuckles trying to get the lid off. The pool guy said the bearings in this particular model tend to corrode. It would have cost as much to fix ours as to buy a new one so we opted for the older model, the Hayward Power-flo LX I think it's called. So far it's been running 24/7 for 5 days for our conversion and it's going like a champ. He said this one is configured a little different so water can't get inside.

The best part is the lid has a handle on it so no more busted knuckles

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.