My Intex Pool Liner is stained - any way to remove them?

I posted last week about my pool water being brown and after a long week of conversations with the Pool store and people on this forum - I decided to drain the pool due to a "mostly likely" Iron and/or Cooper problem with my Intex pool.

My hope was to drain the pool - scrub the liner, refill and try all over again!

Well, that blew up in my face - First when I drained it, I can only do so leaving about 2 inches of water in it (this is not shocking to me - this is how it always is - but I want to get all the water out of it) - anyone know how to do that without taking pools down and flipping over?

Anyways...I went in the pool today with a gallon of chlorine with hopes of scrubbing the stains are they are not budging and I am worried about trying to refill it and having brown water again?

Anyone willing to offer any help - I am sure I should probably just take it down and to the curb and buy another - but finances don't really allow that - and of course...we are having the hottest summer in Rochester, NY in years - ugh! So discouraged and sad for my kids!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

I'm not a stain expert at all so I'll leave that to someone else, but you want to leave a vinyl liner pool drained as short a time as possible. Having no water is asking for liner shrinking and possible leaks developing.

Liner shrinkage isn't really an issue with the intex pools as they are designed to be seasonal.

If you have a shop vac, you can use it to suck up the remaining water.

You can try holding a trichlor puck on an area of the stain for a few minutes. If it removes the stain, proper levels of chlorine when you refill should eventually remove all the stains. You can also put some vitamin C tablets in a sock and hold over the area. If that removed the stain, you can post back or do a search to get instructions on where to go after that. I'm posting from my phone or I'd find the links for you.

Thanks for the ideas. The shop vac is not an option for the remaining fo the draining - my husband seems to think if I dump a gallon of chlorine in the remaining water and then refill - the cleaner water will overpower and all will begin to regulate?

However I am afraid I will still have brown water (because of the stains) - I don't want to take the chance with 3800 gallons of water again - if it just refills brown?

And the stain free that was just recommended by topher says to add to water. So I should refill right?

Thoughts?

I have the same problem with my pool. I was warned about trying well water but the city water is so expensive and they no longer let me take off the sewer charge for filling a pool. As far as getting the last bit of water out of the pool I have done this many times. I use the pool filter pump and some extra hose and a garden hose. I rig the pool pump so the inlet water hose can reach the water. At times I set the pump on a foot stool. just make sure the pump can't fall into the water or you will be doing some tingling until the GFCI breaker trips. I then use the water pressure from the garden hose to force water into the pump and get it to prime with the suction end of the pool hose under water. once it starts I just hold the hose until it sucks out as much water as possible. I have also bailed water with buckets. get it down to the last bit and then use the shop vac for the last puddles. I am pumping the water out of my pool right now and getting ready to pay out the nose for city water. Oh well I tried. Did you have any luck with the stains?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.