IC40 woes

Aug 31, 2009
Austin, TX
Pool was going great all summer. Even started adding Borax and was very happy with the results. Recently had a MASSIVE rain storm (well, massive for Austin) and the water level came up to the edge (about 5 inches)

Since then, pool is not so sparkly anymore and I can't keep any chlorine in it.

Intellichlor IC40 SN 190151 Ver 2.01
Pwr = OFF
Cell = OFF
Flow = (sometimes RED, sometimes GREEN)
SALT = flashing RED/GREEN (store tested said 3400, my strips say 5300) Heavy rain last week, I've added 20 lbs. but no more until I get a more accurate reading.)

60% light always on. If I press the BOOST, all lights EXCEPT 20% come on solid (not flashing like Boost usually does)

Have cleaned cells recently.

pH 7.2
TA 60
TC 0
CYA 30 (yes, that's low. Probably the rain diluting it. Have just added three scoops and will read later today

Any clues, o Wise Aquatic Counsel? I'm sure I've left out some vital info

This is my THIRD SWG in six years, it must be me.

Thanks,
Stewart

You might try disconnecting it from the power supply and then re-connecting it. That might get things going again.

With CYA around 30 I would expect you to have problems maintaing the FC level. However, that would not account for any of the other symptoms you are describing.

Update; Power and Cell lights still off. Salt is at 3400
Salt Level Green, Flow Level Green, ALL 5 % lights are on, but pressing Boost doesn't change anything.

Called Pentair who said that the warranty on replacement parts is only 90 days (?)
Nobody in Austin will test the generator without a "service call"

I'm fine with opening it up or even the opening the Controller, if only I knew what to look for or test.

Thanks,

Stewart

Re: IC40 woes UPDATE

I replaced the fuse on the Power Center with the manual-recommended 8A Slo-Blo (even though the original fuse looked fine and was 10A)

When I reconnected and started it up via the timer, I heard a tiny pop! and saw a little puff of smoke escape the Salt Cell and then the fuse blew.

I have another fuse, but where can I buy a replacement "puff of smoke"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.