Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water is crystal clear?????

1. Back To Top    #1

Water is crystal clear?????

I just took a peak under the tarp and the water is clear as can be. The sun was shining straight down into the pool so I could see very well into it.
    I was even struggling with that darn yellow algae **** when I closed it. Actually, I gave up on getting rid of it and just put the cover on! When we looked in today, crystal clear water and only a bit of old, dead algae gathered sparsely on the bottom!! How can this be? We had a very mild winter and have been having 70-80's days off and on for weeks. I totally did not expect crystal clear water! What should I expect when I take the cover off completely in terms of getting the pool swimmable?

Plus, the cover we have is black and the water underneath is WARM. Should I get a black solar cover? I read about the Magni-clear ones being the best out there though. I'm guessing because the rays can go all the way down to the bottom. Maybe the water is only warm a few inches down with the black tarp cover?
    27' Round AGP, 17200 GAL, 2 HP/2 SPD Pump/Cartridge Filter.......BBB!

2. Back To Top    #2

Well it sounds like good news if your water looks clear, I would say if you can look at the water you should be able to reach in and get a water sample to test, then that will tell you for sure where you stand.
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Yep, think I will do that today!

Is that pretty usual though? This is my first year opening the pool. Was expecting icky green water! Would be nice if it's this easy every year.
    27' Round AGP, 17200 GAL, 2 HP/2 SPD Pump/Cartridge Filter.......BBB!