Another TFP success story! (99%)

Jul 15, 2012
Illinios
First off, I just want to thank you and everybody at TFP. In march I bought a nice house with an in-ground 26,000gal pool.
I was so excited and happy. Then we had the pool installation company open the pool. . .

They dumped in 8 gallons of shock and they left. We shortly found ourselves at the pool store 5 minutes away. $380 later the pool was pretty clear for the first 2 weeks. After that, I was in the pool store dropping $100+ a week ever since. I've spent thousands - with only a few clear water days to show for it. Then I realized that my sand filter needed replacement.

After 12 days of 90+ temps in Illinois, with no pump running waiting for the new Hayward to show up the pool turned into a green/brown swamp. That's when I found TFP and took control of my pool. I ordered the t-100 test kit and life is good!

Once I installed everything and plumbed it, it only took 54 gallons to get the pool blue again! Almost as blue as it has ever been. It's cloudy but blue. I followed the shocking instructions and ended up dumping in 55 gallons of shock in 24 hours.

My readings (ppm) are now. Keep in mind it's been 3 days now and I'm still adding chlorine to keep FC high. I can almost see to the bottom of the shallow end.

PH = 7.5
FC = 11
CC = 2
ALK = 180
CH = 350
CYA = 25

I'm currently adding some more CYA, I'm going to try to keep it around 40.

My question is, why is there foam floating on the surface? It comes and goes? It was clear at 8am this morning. So I tested the water and my FC was down to 7ppm so I added 3 gal. I'm trying to keep my FC around 11-12ppm. As soon as I added the chlorine it started to foam. Then it almost went away added more chlorine and boom - more foam.

I did have 2 small leaks where the pipes threaded into the filter, about 1 drip every 20 seconds. That has been corrected now.
My wife and I were planning on letting the FC taper down over night and go swimming tomorrow if the foam is gone again.
Then shock it up to 15-20ppm FC afterwards.

Any ideas? What do you think of my plan?
Thanks! :)

I suspect the foam is from the assorted pool store products that were added. Algaecides, clarifiers, ect. Once those are all burned up by the chlorine, you shouldn't get that anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.