Manual PVC Ball Valve, Check and 3 way Comparison ?

roadking00

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Any thoughts on good quality ball valves,check valves, 3-way valves and best places to shop for them ? Looking to redo my pad /piping this fall and just wanna get a jump on things.

1. Big box stores (Lowes/HD) best prices ? Internet sites ? Local plumbing supply?
2. Hayward valves, are ya paying for the name?
3. I've read a few posts that recommend going with 2" when ever possible?
4. Any specific type to go with as a minimum ? IE. Hayward® QIC2™ Series or Hayward® QVC Series etc...

Any help is much appreciated...

The Hayward and Neverlube and Pentair type valves are certainly worth it. They have lifetime warranties and are rebuildable. The PVC ball valve often stiffen or the handle breaks off. Better off with the pool 2-way valves.

Same with the check valves ... the Jandy/Pentair ones have lower head loss and again are rebuildable.

Likely much cheaper to order online.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

JasonLion said:
He is referring to the Jandy/Pentair/Hayward 2 way valves (similar to their 3 ways valves, but just on/off) begin much better than the standard ball valves.

Ahh, got cha, Thanks Jason... Just found them on a website. Seems like it would be cheaper to replace them rather then rebuilding them if they fail ? But I guess if they fail the lifetime warranty would/should take care of it....Wonder if the warranty process would send you a rebuild kit or just a whole replacement valve? Guess it would pay to have unions at the valves and/or leave room on the PVC for cutting out and replacing if/when needed...

Jason was right about what I meant.

One of the advantages is if you have to rebuild one, you do not have to change the plumbing, just the internals.

There recently was a member who found a crack in their valve housing that was leaking, pretty sure they sent him a whole new valve.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.