New semi in-ground pool!

Jul 17, 2012
I am so excited! We just purchased a 24 round semi in-ground pool today. We were originally going to get a 21 round but decided to go with the 24. I hope it is not too big! We actually went to the Pool Factory in Brooklyn to see what they had. I was truly amazed at the selection available. We decided to purchase the Intrepid aka Oasis. We are very happy. Tom was the person who assisted us and he was very nice .... no pressure at all. What a nice experience. Especially considering the high pressure sales people we have been dealing with. The pool will be delivered next week and we will have a pro for the installation as soon as I can schedule it!

Bama Rambler said:
You won't regret getting the larger pool.

If you can post a list of the equipment we can make some suggestions.

You'll be ahead of the game if you go ahead and order a good test kit.

25 gauge vinyl liner
Hayward ec50 filter w 1.5 hp pump
hayward skimmer
pole, vacuum hose, etc (the usual stuff)
I also ordered a lil shark automatic vacuum

As soon as I get my install date, I will be ordering one of those good test kits!

Thank you for your reinforcement as to the size of the pool. I started with a 15 x 24 oval, moved to a 18 ft round, then a 21 ft round, and finally a 24 ft round..... I really didn't want big but the hubby insisted. I purchased the pool at 24 'cause I was afraid he would go to a 27 or 30!!!

Bama Rambler said:
That filter is too small for that pool. It would be better if you could get a larger filter even if you had to go with a cartridge filter.

The last filter I had was a EC40 for a 21 ft round pool and I always had a clean pool. Hayward website says that the EC50 is for a 24 ft round or larger. I think that I am ok with this size. I really want the DE filter. Thank you though

Bama Rambler said:
I'd suggest you get the EC-75 then. It's still a little small but would be better.

Unfortunately, they don't have the EC-75. I will have to stick with the EC-50 for the 24 ft round pool. I should be ok. If not, in a couple of years, I will upgrade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.