Matrix 54 dimentions

biagio

Jun 17, 2012
Just want to start by saying everyone on the forum has been amazing and has saved me alot of time and money with some really good advice.

anyhow I have ordered my sharkline Matrix 15x30, the pool is 54 inches but I have a couple questions..
First..I cant find any schematics on the pool and was wondering if anyone with a matrix would happen to know what the distance from the bottom of the pool to the bottom edge of the rail, Im digging out this week and and would like to extend my existing deck out to the pool..

second..I know im looking at digging down about 18 inches.. can I back fill or rather burry the pool 18 inches with gravel?

thanks
Biagio

I don't know the answer to your first question, but as for the second you certainly can backfill around it. You do need to make sure that water will drain away from the pool, so gravel and a french drain would be ideal. Also, check to see what the warranty says about partially burying it!

At work now, but I can try to get that for you tonight if no one else beats me to it.
I don't recall any acceptance for partially burying in the manual, I could be wrong but I don't think the warranty will allow that.

cramar said:
From the bottom of the bottom rail to the bottom of the top rail I measure exactly 52 9/16" (or 52 1/2" if that's close enough).
Does anybody know if that would be about the same dimension for the Sharkline Heritage? I'm looking at doing the same thing with my existing deck but am considering going with the Heritage.

Thanks

cruiser310 said:
cramar said:
From the bottom of the bottom rail to the bottom of the top rail I measure exactly 52 9/16" (or 52 1/2" if that's close enough).
Does anybody know if that would be about the same dimension for the Sharkline Heritage? I'm looking at doing the same thing with my existing deck but am considering going with the Heritage.

Thanks

If you're also looking at 54", but of course the Heritage instead of the Matrix, then it should measure the same. Just ensure you're looking at the 54" not the 52" and you should be good. Maybe someone else can confirm this is correct, but I'm quite confident this is the case.

cramar said:

It looks like my plans have changed and I think I'm going to go with the 54" Sharkline Matrix instead of the Heritage now.

Except after doing some measuring and evaluating the slope of my yard it doesn't look I will be able to put the top rail over the deck boards without building the ground up, so I think I'm going to try to put it level with the deck. I saw some pictures where that was done and it looks pretty good that way too.

So now my question for 54" Marix owners is 'What is the height from the botom of the bottom rail/top of pavers to the top of the top rail?' Cramar, hopefully you can help with that dimension also, when you get a chance.

When I did my measuring it looks like I've got about a 55" drop from the top of my deck boards to the lowest spot in my yard where the pool will be. So if the height is less than about 55" I'm going to have to figure out a way to either lower my deck and inch or two or risk building up an approximately 5'x5' area under the pool.

Thanks,
cruiser310
Future Matrix owner?

Matrix 54 height question;

Can anyone give me the height from the bottom of the bottom rail (or top of pavers) to the top of the top rail for the Sharkline Matrix pool.

Hopefully Cramar reads this and can help me out, I'm trying to match the height of my existing deck with the new pool installation and want to make sure it is doable.

Thanks,
Cruiser310

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cramar said:
I'll try to remember tonight while I'm puttering around in the back yard.
Thank you Cramar, I would appreciate that very much.

You have already been a big help to me even though I'm still in the planning stages, just from reading through your build thread. You documented you build very well and I'm sure I'll be referring back to it in the future as I build mine.

I'm hoping that maybe next year I can add some solar panels similar to what you did in the future, but I'm going to see how it does this year first with staying warm.

Thanks,
Cruiser310

cramar said:
From the bottom of the bottom track to the top of the top rail I measure 55 1/2".
Thank you, that is good news, so it looks like I will have approximately 1/2" to spare. Now to start the leveling if the weather will just clear up. It is snowing here today. I can't believe the year I decide to put in a pool its been the wettest, coldest spring forever.

Cruiser310

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.