Sep 28, 2009
I have a three year old 15,000 gallon pool with a broken compu-pool swg. The compu-pool swg either needs a slight repair with the electrical wire connector from the base unit to the cell, or something worse is up. If it is something worse, then what is the best or better salt water chlorine generator out there?

On a side note, I have been chlorinating with tablets for about a month and it has been a very positive experience. Two floating tablets have kept the pool at 3.5, and unlike the SWG, the ph has remained very stable. I am almost inclined to not fixing the SWG and just using the chlorine tablets. What are your thoughts about this?

Is Compu-Pool is actually well rank then okay. My experience has not been good. I have had to calibrate the unit a couple of times, and now it is not working. My criteria would include: stability, price, ease of fixing is something goes wrong, and effectiveness.

They are all equally effective, at least when they are working. And even the best brands fail often enough that we hear about it fairly regularly. The AquaRite units have been around for quite a while and lots of people have them and lots is known about how to work through the issues they have. PoolSean from AutoPilot is around on the forum and helps people with tech support for AutoPilot units on the forum, which is nice.

Those tablets are very convenient and almost perfect. But something is hidden deep inside those tablets that will come back to bite you. That is Cyanuric Acid. Trichlor tabs have CYA built in, so they are constantly adding it to your pool, which means one day your FC will no longer be correct for your CYA level and you are going to have series problems trying to shock it to kill the algae bloom that arrives due to lack of proper FC.

jonahfish7 said:
Is Compu-Pool is actually well rank then okay. My experience has not been good. I have had to calibrate the unit a couple of times, and now it is not working. My criteria would include: stability, price, ease of fixing is something goes wrong, and effectiveness.

How old is it? Have you talked to Compupool about your issues? Which CPSC do you have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.