TF 100 testing question

jonmar

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 29, 2009
When performing the various tests that require the water to turn clear or a particular color, is the test accomplished when any change in color of the water is detected or do you continue to add drops until the solid unmistakeable color is achieved?

jonmar said:
When performing the various tests that require the water to turn clear or a particular color, is the test accomplished when any change in color of the water is detected or do you continue to add drops until the solid unmistakeable color is achieved?
Add until it stops changing, then subtract one.

Let's say TA is 100. At 8 drops, it will probably look grey. At 9 it will be pinkish. At 10 it will be Barbie pink. At 11 it doesn't change. Deduct 1. 10 drops = 100 ppm.

Thanks for that Richard .. I've been struggling with the same issue -- I add drops, and I'm never positive that my eyes aren't playing tricks on me as the colors change, or don't .. I'm always second guessing as I add and approach that magical final 'state' of color (clear, or whatever).

The TA test on the TF100 can definitely play tricks on the eyes. Our TA stays pretty steady at 100, but my wife always reads it as 90. I've yet to convince her that the right reading is when the color changes to full pink and not just away from green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.