BBB method going on 5 years

reindeerboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
Jamestown, ND
Thought I would share the results of the BBB method after 5 years of purchasing this house with a pool. I did upgrade the pool equipment and repaint the patio and coping, but thats about it. The liner is in OK shape, but the owners put the vermiculite on top of the liner instead of underneath it on the bottom. Its ok, but man its a bugger to clean. Plus they never really fixed the cracks. Its an old concrete pool with a liner so when I redo the liner in the next 5 years, then I plan to put a layer of vermiculite on the bottom to fix the old cracks, put gorrila pad down, and then put in a new liner. My pool service is going to help and they are really great. I even got the owner of the pool company to start using the BBB method and sell Liquid chlorine now, but now he sells his pool service advice and charges for that instead.

I told him that I should of charged the heck out of him for giving him that idea! I am pretty sure he found the TFP website too. But at least he is one of the few company's that is giving out the proper instructions without the HUGE cost.

Enjoy the pics! The one is my 16 yr old daughter and myself sitting in the pool! :cheers:

Funny! Yea, its really sparkly. Probobly the best this year than in many years and with these warmer temps this year, we are really enjoying the heck out of the pool!

Hope everyone else is doing the same as I know its REALLY HOT down south. We are a bit warmer, but not anything like you folks down south. Hopefully our farmers have an average crop this year considering the lack of rainfall!

Take care, happy swims, and god bless people!

Hey, rdb,

Some folks stick in my memory and your story always has. I remember when you first posted (skeptically, as does most everyone) and after a bit started to open up to this idea of managing your own pool.

You learned very, very quickly and the pics of your pool and your subsequent posts have been very rewarding.

It's nice to see you coming on now to help other folks who are starting a transition similar to yours.

Hi Dave, Yep. Good to talk to you again. Its been a journey, but one that I am glad I took with TFP. Between you, Jason, Sean, Mass, and Ted amoung others that I missed, I just want to give you all a big thank you. Taking control of your pool with a little education is a HUGE thing. Especially in the pocket book. Been out in the pool all day today having a few BEERS and it has been a great day. Had to come in due to me being stupid and not putting enough sunscreen on. Ouch! Either than that, the pool looks great, my teen age child loves it and usually I come home at noon with about 3-5 other teen age kids in it! :-D

So thanks to TFP and the many people who have helped me along. My knowledge has really gave me enough confidence that most of the service work is now done by myself. Thanks to Ted aka "waste" who gave me the confidence to tackle a few projects! :party:

I still have a few pool improvements that I plan to do in the next 5 years as the funds become available, but its comming along fantastic! :goodjob:

Later dudes and have a cold one for me! :cheers: :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.