Wanted: Equipment Pad Pics

here you go, i'm in the process of having my pool built so excuse the gunite mess....

DSC05231-vi.jpg

My Jandy heat pump will be in the empty space on the left once it comes in hopefully in the next few weeks.

Picutred left to right you see my 2HP Pool/Spa Pump, 280 Booster Pump, CV580 Filter, then my 1.5HP Water Feature pump

Here is mine.. I think was a "pre-fab-slab." I can't swear to that tho.

Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,000
I would post a pic but its an AG pool so it only has a pump, cartridge, chlorinator, then return pipe. Oh and its sitting on dirt right now, pavers going to be installed in the fall.

Don't panic about the chlorinator, my CYA is low right now and I'm leaving it plumbed in for vacation since I hate floaters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm a big fan of unions anywhere there's a piece of equipment that you might want to remove. They're cheap & helpful.
*Unions into & out of the heater (might need to replace the heater),
*Unions into & out of the filter (might need to get into the filter - my multiport valve is at the top of my filter),
*Unions into & out of the pump,
*Unions on either side of valves.

I'm also no plumber or an expert on flow rates, so maybe there's a reason this isn't a good suggestion. Come up voice - I'm willing to learn.

:rant: Here's my short story on my pool guy "help" - I had many of those unions in place. When I replaced my filter DIY, I didn't re-plumb the heater back in (I'm not good at eyeballin' long PVC runs). I hired my pool guy to get the heater back into the loop and he took it on himself to "tidy up" the rest of the pad, cutting out most of those unions & replacing them w/ glued slip joints. :hammer:

Good luck!

Thanks to everyone for their posts! I finally finished my project. Now it just needs a good cleaning.

Before: [attachment=1:726mhxfk]Before.JPG[/attachment:726mhxfk]
After: [attachment=0:726mhxfk]After.JPG[/attachment:726mhxfk]

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 816
  • After.JPG
    After.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 814
:whoot: Great job! Looks like you have plenty of elbow room in there to get at anything you might need to have a look at.

Here is a pad I renovated for a customer. Replumbed from the ground up.
Removed old pump and filter, installed an SD80 and Intelliflo VS pump.
Sorry if the pics are sideways, they are orientated correctly on my phone but won't upload that way.

Attachments

• IMG_2012080536540.jpg
    IMG_2012080536540.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_2012080526488.jpg
    IMG_2012080526488.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 701
Okay, Lets see those equipment pads!

[Merged from a similar new thread ... jblizzle]
Pentair Challenger 1.5hp pump/motor...Pentair TR-60 sand filter (new) with updated/improved push/pull backwash valve...and the Polaris booster pump. Jandy 2 way valves control two skimmers and the main drain. 3 way Jandy valve on the return line (fountain). I replumbed the backwash line to dump at the street/curb instead of the yard......oh, the inline chlorinator is no longer used since I joined the site..lol
S4200019.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.