Pool Levels

Jun 5, 2012
Hey guys. First post but been lurking around in the background for a while learning what I can. I have an Intex 15 ft x 42 inch deep metal frame pool that I plumbed in 1 1/2" PVC and hooked to a 19" TWM sand filter with a Hayward Powerflo LX, 1 1/2 hp I think. Anyway here are my levels according to my Taylor K-2006. Let me know if I'm missing something but I think it's close to where I need to be.

FC - 3.0
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.4
Alk - 120
CH - 160
CYA - 50

Thanks

:wave: Welcome!!! :wave:

Keeping the FC level at 7ppm with CYA of 90ppm is the equivalent active chlorine level as a FC level of 2ppm with CYA of 25ppm

And both are WAY less active chlorine than you would find in a public pool with a FC of 1ppm and 0ppm of CYA.

You are perfectly safe to swim in your pool up the the shock FC level ... for 50ppm CYA that is a FC of 20ppm.

No worries ... just enjoy!!! :swim:

But, if you do want to turn people hair colors ... put a LOT of copper in your water and you will see green hair :stirpot: .... JK do not really do that.

:party: This is great news. Now my mind is at ease. I can up the chlorine without worrying about the side effects. I've been adding about 3 oz of algecide each week also and water is extremely clear other than the normal bugs each day. This has been a good test to find out how much trouble it would be to keep a pool up. Actually hope I can get the Garden Leisure Nova pool next year. I think it's actually made by Wilbar. Time will tell though as getting the ground prepped and level for this pool was a royal pain this the Red Clay I live on plus the hillside I live on. Ground drops about 8 inches over a 15 foot span.

Welcome to tfp, epoxyoyo :wave:

epoxyoyo said:
I've been adding about 3 oz of algecide each week also and water is extremely clear other than the normal bugs each day.
Using an algaecide is typically not needed if you maintain the proper level of chlorine (for your cya level). If you do use a algaecide, use a 60% polyquat...and never use an algaecide with copper in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.