Cell light blinking on Intellichlor on Day 1

tnthudson

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2008
Central VA
Hooray! I got my IntelliChlor SWG hooked up yesterday, and I turned it on to make sure it worked. The ADD salt button was blinking, which I expected (the PB intentionally had me add too little salt so we could build up), but I noticed after awhile that the CELL light was blinking, which is supposed to indicate that I need to clean the cell.
The pool chemistry is off (0 FC, I did add chlorine this a.m.), and I know that I have less than 20 CYA. I did see in the manual that it says that I should never have less than 50 CYA level, so I put the SWG on 0%, afraid that if I leave it generating with the CELL light blinking that I may screw something up. BTW, my water temp is 69, so cold water shouldn't be a factor, I don't think.
Any ideas why the CELL light would be blinking? I am trying to add CYA asap, but it does take awhile to get through that darn sock.

CYA doesn't affect the performance of SWG. It can work perfectly with CYA being 0, just means that you will be losing your chlorine very quickly.

I'd be more concerned with bringing salt up to the necessary level rather than CYA.

Isn't the service light resettable on Intellichlor?

It was most likely blinking because the salt was low on startup. The unit probably rhought the cell was scaled for this reason. Add salt and see what happens then add your CYA,. If the water is 69 deg then it can take a while for the CYA to dissolve, perhaps over a week.

how much salt have you put in at this point? do you have any salt strips to check the salt content? that would be a good way to verify for yourself exactly how much salt is in there. if you have a satisfactory amount of salt and it's still blinking, try resetting it...

also, check the troubleshooting guide in the product manual.

Thanks everyone! Waterbear, I think you were right, because I added a bag of salt this morning and the Salt button read OK by this afternoon, and the CELL light is now green. So I'll test salt and CYA again within the next week or so, and get those levels up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.