INSTALLING NEW LINER IN AG POOL

I have to install a new liner in my 18'x52" AG. Is it safe to leave the walls standing without the liner for a few days? With my work schedule I only have a couple hours in the evening to work on our pool. I need to drain the pool, remove the old liner, repair some mole damage to the sand around the border, then install the new liner. If the pool is without the liner for maybe a week and I install a few supports will it be alright or do I need to get everything done ASAP?

I think the only factor to be overly concerned about is the weather a.k.a. high winds.

I remember when I did my pool walls and liner, I put the top rails on (without liner) and it went through a thunderstorm and did reatively well but who's to say it will be okay?

Good Luck. Keep us posted and do add pics of the new liner! 8)

I would probably want to stabilize the walls somehow if possible. We left ours overnight only and alas - big wind in the middle of the night from a storm that was not forecasted. We had a bent/creased wall on one side that had to be repaired - we were out there in a storm shoring up the sides with braces every so many feet. A little preventive work would have saved us from that unexpected storm damage and several hours in rain, wind and lightening from 2am.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.