According to pentair's website this system turns 28,800 gal.

Jul 16, 2012
NE,OHIO
I have a 11,500 gallon above ground pool and my pump/sand filter system is a 1 1/2 hp cristal flo ll. And according to pentair's website this system turns 28,800 gal. in 8 hrs and 36,000 in 10 hrs. I'm not sure if they calculate for restictions, but that should be plenty of turnover in less than 10 hrs right?

Re: Ideal turnover rate

Turn over and flow rate do not matter. You only need to run your pump long enough to keep the water filtered to your liking. Some members only run for 4 hours per day ... others run on low speed for 24 hours per day. It is all a matter of personal preference.

Re: Ideal turnover rate

I've found that other factors (solar heating, SWG, heating efficiency, skimmer performance, energy rates, preferred swimming schedules, outdoor noise tolerance) have determined pump run times and minimum flow rates, and then just adjusted actual flow rate to be > min and sufficient so that water is turned over at least once/day and that there is at least a few hours of daily high speed filtering to clear the surface. For newer variable speed pumps, running the pump for longer at lower flow rates can reduce both pump noise and energy costs substantially.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.