Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Might be time to call the pool guy :( I have a pump that the water level in the bowl goes down halfway in about 8 hours (so it struggles to reprime itself). Slow leak "somewhere" (on suction side). I decided to order a new bowl o'ring, and new gasket for the Pentair multi-valve. O'ring for the basket, no sweat. Multi-valve... lots of sweat. Didn't realize it was glued down, took about 3 hours to clean out the glue/stuck rubber. Put the new one in, lots of leaks. I guess it is supposed to be glued... (yes/no?) If so, what kind of glue? My plan is to dry it out in the AM and fix it in the afternoon tomorrow (or call the poll guy).

edit.... isn't Google wonderful. Found my answer at another site on how to replace the spider gasket:

Using Loctite® 401 or 416, apply glue sparingly (a bead
about 1/16” wide) to the bottom only (not the sides) of
the spider groove in the valve body. The glue lines
must be continuous and intersect at the intersections of
the grooves.

Yeah, all kinds of glue suggestions. I really don't like the idea of superglue. I think thta's hat was in there and why it was so hard to clean out. I'm sire I scratched the surface in the groove. I read that silicone works well... I think that's the approach I'll take, should seal any of my scratches. Possibly "Permatex Gasket Maker", think I can get that at an automotive store, maybe Home Depot.

I just noticed it looks like there is supposed to be an o'ring between the valve cover (5) and housing (18). There's a small groove under the cover that looks like it has glue residue, but here is/was no o'ring when I took the cover off. There is also no o'ring shown in the parts list (see link below). I can't see how it doesn't leak without the o-ring.

http://www.pentairpool.com/images/produ ... s_webL.gif

Well I just got back from "Warehouse Pool Supply" who seemed to know what they were talking about. He said there's only a spider gasket. Vry odd since there does look like there's an o'ring groove. I had the lid with me and he was familiar with it, said no o'ring.... so I guess I'll glue down the spider and see what happens.

Follow up. All is installed and running fine (no o-ring required). Unfortunately my pump bucket still loses water to half way level sitting overnight. Nothing on the pressure side leaks. I put teflon grease around the ball valve handles on the from skimmer and from pool lines. Still must have a small air leak "somewhere". My only conclusion is somewhere in the pump, maybe a shaft seal? No water is showing up anywhere on the concrete pad... I think I'm not going to worry about it anymore, it seems to prime itself within 30 seconds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.