Need help with pump!!

Jul 19, 2012
Hey Guys and Gals,

Please forgive me, for I am a noob at pools.. My wife and I purchased a Summer Escapes 18' x 48" pool (with the side skimmer) last year. We didn't want to deal with the chemicals so we purchased a Intex Salt System for it from Leslie's Pool Supply. The pump has given us major problems though!! Currently we have a SFS1000 Filter System with a F1500C Pump. Last year it went out on us and I called to get it replaced. 2 months and 3 wrong parts later, we got the correct pump and had it working again. Today, low and behold, the pump has seized up and died again. I want to switch to a different kind of pump but am not sure what is best or can be attached to my pool. The main thing i'm worried about is how I can connect whatever pump i'm getting to the side skimmer of the Summer Escapes pool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :-D

Attachments

• Pool.JPG
    Pool.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 189
Hi f150donovan and welcome to TFP! :)
I'm sure you could just change out the skimmer box with the Hayward one to have one without the built in Crud motor, like the one I used here in my posts that start at the bottom of page 1.
My 15' X 48" at the time didn't have a skimmer box so I had to cut the pool wall for one. :shock: In the end, it was the perfect thing to do.

custom-pvc-pipe-adapter-for-intex-pools-t28971.html

Chuck

HELP!!!!

I purchase a Summer Escapes 18x42 pool last summer with the side skimmer. The pump has failed on this pool twice now and I am looking to change it out and put something on it that will work. I read the above posts and looked into different systems referenced, however, I just want to make sure these systems will work for my pool since I have the side skimmer with the rectangle hole in the side of the pool for the filter system.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.