And the results are in.......from TF-100

lka674

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2012
Williamson County, Texas
Just got the kit about 2 hours ago and here's where we stand: :party:

FC = 13 (but I had shocked it day before yesterday)
CC = 0.5
TC = 13.5
pH = 7.0-7.2
TA = 90
CH = 400ish
CYA = 60

My thoughts...leave the chlorine alone and let it come down on it's own and then aerate to bring the pH back up to 7.5ish and that's it....??

Our pool gets 100% exposure to Texas sun all day. We realize we need to get the CH down and the only way to do so is dilute, but we are having to do that slowly due to water restrictions in our area.

Advice and comments welcomed!

Speedstir ROCKS!

Re: And the results are in.......from TC-100

The pH test is inaccurate when the FC > 10ppm. That said, it usually read high, so that means your pH is likely less than 7.0 which is not good. When the FC drops, test the pH again. May want to use soda ash or borax to get it up a little more quickly.

Make sure you keep that FC above 5ppm at all times.

Beyond that, things look pretty good :goodjob:

Thanks Jason...quick question to anyone...any idea how much wearing polarized sun glasses while testing can affect the results? You would think polarized is better, but there is definitely a change in colors on the tests when removed....not to mention that WITH polarized glasses on I sometimes say the deep end looks murky, however if I take them off, it appears clear. Which one would be the more accurate view?

lka674 said:
Thanks Jason...quick question to anyone...any idea how much wearing polarized sun glasses while testing can affect the results? You would think polarized is better, but there is definitely a change in colors on the tests when removed....not to mention that WITH polarized glasses on I sometimes say the deep end looks murky, however if I take them off, it appears clear. Which one would be the more accurate view?
Polarized glasses should not affect color tests to any great degree that would matter. As to water clarity of the pool, it depends on the angle of the sun. With the sun high there's very little benefit from polarization. My water always looks better with the sun high and I'm atop my ladder. When I take my glasses off it looks just as clear, only brighter. I think when you take off sunglasses the water does seem to pop a little due to the increased brightness. When the sun is low, polarized glasses will let you peer deeper in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.