Pool and sprinklers and pumps

Jul 16, 2012
Hi all. Lots of good info here. It really helped in getting my 15'x42 set up.

There's a few things I was wondering about those with a long history with these setups.

Obviously the pool is made for the outdoors and should withstand all sorts of conditions. But I was wondering if anyone has seen any extraordinary negative impact from running lawn sprinklers that surround the pool on a regular basis. I'm in SoCal, so no watering = dead grass.

And related to that, is there any reason to think the sprinklers would wreak havoc on the pump and saltwater system?

And, and... do most folks just keep their pump/saltwater system on the ground or is there a benefit (or negative impact) to placing them on a small platform a few inches off the ground.

Thanks!!!

My pump is on a little stand that it came with (no SWG for me though) but when we winterize it in the fall we are building a nice little "patio" out of pavers for it next year so it doesn't look at bad (running the weedwacker around it all is hard to make look good). No no negative impact of having it boosted up a little. Sprinklers should be no problem as well.

"negative impact from running lawn sprinklers that surround the pool on a regular basis."

If you have the sprinkers close enough to the pool that the water is hitting the sides and running down, I'd make sure I had good drainage away from the pool. You may wind up washing out sand (creating soft spots) under you pool otherwise.

Best of luck.

Respectfully,
Automatic

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.