New AGP / Building Deck Question

Jun 29, 2012
Glen Burnie, MD
This is our first pool and we have recently had a 18' pool installed and starting to plan a deck on one side of it. Question is should the deck go to the edge of the pool, overlap the trim piece, or leave an inch or so beween the deck and pool edge for a winter cover?

I was thinking of having the clips (or whatever they call them) like the inground pool to clip the winter cover onto the deck..

That's strictly a personal choice. If you search around here you'll find it done all ways. I personally put mine under the rail with about 1/8" gap so I can get the winter cover under it. Other people have put the deck over the rails.

Your location has a lot to do with it, if you have hard winters I'd leave an inch or so gap so you can get a cover thru, it also gives you some wiggle room in case your deck moves/heaves a a bit.
On my pool/deck I left about a 1 inch gap and it has not been an issue in terms of toes getting caught or tripping, etc.

I built mine 1/2 inch below the lowest point of my top seat. It's just a little deck in the back corner but you can see what it look like here. It's not 100% finished yet. My other deck is 36 inches lower than this one.

IMG_5156.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.