Trouble with the deluxe maintenance kit that came with Intex?

Jul 19, 2012
Midlothian Texas
We had an intex round pool last year but with a family of 5, it was too small to really play in so this year we went with the ultra frame 16x32x52. This pool came with the sand pump filter which we also connected to our krystal clear SWG and have enjoyed balanced water almost from the get-go. We have had a few issues that has the household frustrated at the moment but have otherwise enjoyed our pool. Out of curiosity, has anyone else had any trouble with the deluxe maintenance kit that also came with this pool? I got the floating skimmer attached to the frame with the big hook, but when I went to attach the hose b connector to the strainer grid, the hose connector is too small! We have been scratching our heads as to what to do for 2 days now. Any help anyone can give us will be much appreciated.

Re: Trouble with the deluxe maintenance kit that came with I

Intex_3.jpg

Intex_2.jpg

Not certain if this is the problem, but I think the ding dongs at intex may have changed the sizing from one year to the next. :roll: I had a similar problem when trying to change out vac heads and new one wouldn't fit with the old hose or pole last year. Have you called intex to find out what's up? Good luck.

On my 26' Intex Ultra Frame, When I removed the strainer cover, it exposed two sets of threads. One 3" and one 4" . Hose adapter B connected to the inner 3" set of threads. As seen in figure A for the 18' and larger pool diagram.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.