Newbie has question

May 22, 2012
We are cursed with having clay soil. It's red and when it's dry it's like baby powder. Since opening my pool this year (first season ever) I always have it on the bottom of the liner. I have done countless oclt's to make sure it's not algae, and I pass the test every time. I vacuum every other day, but it only stays clean for a few hours. Anyone else experience this? Do you think adding DE to my sand filter would help?
Last night oclt - starting 7, morning 7 cc is zero

Today's test
Fc 9 (i added chlorox before work)
Cc 0
Ph 7.6
Ta 80
cya 45
ch don't test

Also, my husband checked our filter and he swears it is not leaking sand.

I'll let someone else answer about the DE helping but I have the same problem with fine grain sand getting blown into my pool. I've been trying to keep the ground wet around the pool and it seems to help some. Are you in a watering restricted area?

Try vacuuming with the sock over the return and see if you get different results. If you notice red in the sock, DE may help. See Pool School for how to do it. I see Wal_mart sells little 10 pound boxes of it. HTH D.E. Filter Aid is what they call it but online has the wrong image.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.