Leslie's Pool School

Jul 18, 2012
Riverside, CA
Hi, I am getting started to take care of my own pool. My local Leslie's store recommend their pool school service.

"Leslie’s professional technician will come out to your home and show you how to use all of your equipment, including your valves, timers, pumps, filters, cleaners, chlorinators, and heaters."

It's going to cost $110 for a one-hour lesson. Has anyone tried it before? Is it worth it? Thank you!

I wouldn't. You've got 30 some thousand people here who operate their own pools. If we can't figure it out, Leslie's hasn't got a chance.

I agree with both of the previous responses to an extent.

I am sure we could help you figure out everything, but if you are truly new to everything, it may be less daunting to have someone there to show you everything (ignore their chemical advice). At least then you would be better able to explain to us any problems you are having.

I did the Leslie's Pool School for $60 at the beginning of summer season a couple of years back as I had NEVER had a pool before. It was helpful in learning what knob does what...how to clean the filters, what to do in case of..., blah blah. But DEFINITELY NOT worth anywhere near $100+

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay. I've read enough on this forum to realize how ignorant I am and how incompetent my pool guys are about maintaining the pool.

Thanks, Richard, for offering to come over. Could you also teach us how to function the equipments and maintain the pool on our own? Please PM me with your contact. Thank you very much!

If you take some good clear photos of the pool, the pump, the valves and filter equipment (all the stuff that makes noise), I am sure we can get give you some help.

If Richard is coming over, all the better. It would also allow him to prepare better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.