Killing weeds between pool deck pavers

Round-up is the trick. Obviously, don't spray gallons into the pool but a little oversprayed drift is harmless.

Actually, Round-up is an amazingly harmless weed killer in general....except to weeds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After you kill the weeds, you may want to give your deck a good scubbing ( a stiff brush on a broom handle works well) and rinse or pressure wash. After that, brush "polymeric" sand between the bricks and wet down according to the instructions. Polymeric sand is fortified with additives that cause it to bond together, much like grout for ceramic tile. You'll have fewer weeds and insects making their home in your pool deck.

You can usually get polymeric sand at a landscape supply yard that sells brick and stone.

fponzani said:
After that, brush "polymeric" sand between the bricks and wet down according to the instructions. Polymeric sand is fortified with additives that cause it to bond together, much like grout for ceramic tile. You'll have fewer weeds and insects making their home in your pool deck.

You can usually get polymeric sand at a landscape supply yard that sells brick and stone.

I have read that polymeric sand is the way to go as well. The only thing is I can't seem to find it in South Florida. I have called paver companies and they say either to use silica sand or mason sand. Does any one know where to get polymeric sand in So FL?

JCJR said:
fponzani said:
After that, brush "polymeric" sand between the bricks and wet down according to the instructions. Polymeric sand is fortified with additives that cause it to bond together, much like grout for ceramic tile. You'll have fewer weeds and insects making their home in your pool deck.

I have read that polymeric sand is the way to go as well. The only thing is I can't seem to find it in South Florida. I have called paver companies and they say either to use silica sand or mason sand. Does any one know where to get polymeric sand in So FL?
Besides polymeric sand, sealing the pavers also can help alot. The sealer will get in the joints and bond the sand together.

As for the Polymeric, did you try Paver Systems in West Palm? I think they sell Polymeric and other joint stabilizer stuff as well. It is referenced in the FAQ at bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.