Praher 3-port valve acting strangely

Jun 21, 2012
I have a Praher OV3-2010 between my filter and my pool/waterfall, with an Intermatic actuator. The pressure shown on my filter gauge has seemed a bit high recently, even after cleaning out the filter (Pentair System3.) While fiddling around with the equipment, I noticed that when manually operating the valve it no longer "stops" at the two extremes - it can go completely around in a circle - which I'm fairly certain it didn't used to do. The pressure seems a little bit when pool returns only are selected, but very high when the waterfall is on. (I know it will be higher, but it jumps from 14-15 to 32-33, which I could swear is not how it started out.) But if I back it off just a little bit, the pressure drops back down even though the flow does appear to change.

So, is it normal for the valve to be able to rotate in a circle, or is it likely there is something wrong with the internals of it? And if so, can it be repaired without being replaced? It's NOT a union version, so replacing it entails cutting pipe, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah - the actuator is adjusted to stop at the correct positions..it was off when I first put it on - it was supposed to be adjusted correctly from the factory for a standard "T" setup, but the stops were a bit beyond, so I guess that's when they got broken off. I fixed right after, when using the actuator it's fine. So I shouldn't worry about it beyond that?

Thanks!

skunkiechris said:
Yeah - the actuator is adjusted to stop at the correct positions..it was off when I first put it on - it was supposed to be adjusted correctly from the factory for a standard "T" setup, but the stops were a bit beyond, so I guess that's when they got broken off. I fixed right after, when using the actuator it's fine. So I shouldn't worry about it beyond that?

Thanks!

With the actuator properly adjusted, there shouldn't be a problem, unless it gets out of adjustment and deadheads the pump.

And, if it's bugging you, you can easily get a replacement diverter assembly.

Qwaxalot said:
With the actuator properly adjusted, there shouldn't be a problem, unless it gets out of adjustment and deadheads the pump.

And, if it's bugging you, you can easily get a replacement diverter assembly.

It's bugging me a little lol. I searched around a bit but couldn't find replacement parts for the Praher valve. Am I just missing them, or are the internals between diverter valves universal?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.