Low Flow warning on Intex 2650 gph Saltwater System

Jul 17, 2012
I'm a new pool owner (Intex 24' x 52'') and the family loves it. My only problem is my filter keeps flashing a code 90 (low flow) which prevents the system from running the electrode to generate chlorine automatically. I've got the taylor system for measuring various levels and keep putting chlorine in (daily!). I've backwashed thoroughly (I'm running about 8 PSI right now which is well in the green area for pressure). The manual says to clean off the flow guage, but it's brand new and it is not caked with anything. I"m running my skimmer, could that be causing the problem? Any ideas on what to do or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the advice/help!

Scott Hammersley

Welcome to tfp, hammer_time :wave:

If running the skimmer reduces the flow significantly, then it could cause the 90 error. Try running it without the skimmer (I am assuming it is one of the over the rail skimmers?) and see if the swg is happy. If it is, compare the flow at the pool return in the two configurations to see if there is a difference.

Friend of mine had that problem, the over wall skimmer where the adapter screws to the wall had leaves and pine needles in it reducing the flow. After removing the adapter and using a water hose with a nozzle he was able to clear the screen.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, it is the over the side skimmer - I will disconnect it (check all of the tubing, etc) and see if that helps. It's pouring down rain this morning in Oakley Michigan (boy do we need it!), so I'll have to get to it after I get back from work this evening.

Scott

Bummer! Rain died down, went out and unhooked the skimmer (replaced it with the original inlet cover), but I am still getting the low flow warning. I did notice a change though - the pressure is now up to 10 (from 8). I guess I will try cleaning the flow measurement flap. I'm not the handiest guy in the world, so I am hesitant to go this route, but do I need to start taking apart the pump? any other ideas?

Well I guess when all else fails, read the manual. Even though this was a brand new pool and filter system, I ended up taking the flow sensor out and cleaning it. There must have been just enough 'crud' on it (although I couldn't really feel any on it) but I washed it off thoroughly, and put it back in place. Backwashed the system, rinsed the filter, turned it back on and ... voila! It's now working just fine. Amazing. We really like the skimmer, so I'm going to let the filter run it's course tonight (set for 8 hours) and tomorrow morning the skimmer goes back on. And maybe I won't have to add more chlorine tomorrow. I think I'm shooting for about 1.2 ppm on the chlorine (it's a saltwater system), so we'll see how well the swg does on cranking out the chlorine.

Thanks for the help/listening,
Scott

The problem i had was low flow error i looked at everything changed filters , cleand sensor, and still had the same problem ! Solution i found that and this is a new pool hair was getting by my skimmer, once the water leave the skimmer it goes thru the tub right when it leaves the pool there is another filter that i was not aware of it was clogged with hair ! so look at the tube on the inlet side there is a little filter that clogs often :party:

Yep, gotta check your baskets often! Glad to hear its solved, now you know to keep an eye on that pump basket! (Last time I cleaned mine, it had a bunch of spider and ant parts in it. lol)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.