IntelliBrite Lights only in Red

P

PatG25

I have two IntelliBrite Lights in my pool; not sure exactly what model they are. The were installed 3 years ago when the pool was build. One of the lights now only lights up red. For example, when I turn on the "Caribbean Mode" I see the light switch to blue for about half a second but then go back to red and stay red.

Is this light bad? Is it a strange way for the light to fail? Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!!!

How are you controlling them.. via an Easytouch

LED's work off Hertz or frequency. If they are getting one color they should work on others. I would suspect the programmer over the light

Have you called Pentair. They are sometimes good. Depending on tech you get.

Thanks for the reply. I control them via a simple switch. Basically flip the switch 8 times to get the Caribbean mode. I figured it must be the switch since the other light connected to the same switch works fine. I have contacted Pentair via e-mail but all I got was "You can confirm that the light is getting the multiple signals from the switch or relay if it is in fact clicking multiple times and that light is not cycling the color properly it would need to be replace". Not really sure what that means??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.